When processing your loan application or setting up your membership, we may ask you to provide additional proof of your ID and address.
In most cases, we will do this online automatically using the information you have given us. This will not leave a ‘footprint’ or affect your credit file in any way.
If we ask you to upload or provide us with additional documents you can use any of the listed forms below.
Proof of Identity
You can use these to prove your identity:
- A passport
- Full UK driving license or blue disabled driver’s pass
- EU Member State ID card
- Biometric Residence permit (BRP)
- Original letter from Benefits Agency (or Pensions Service, Child Benefit Agency, etc.).
Proof of Address
You can use these to prove your address:
- Council tax, gas, electricity or water bill dated within the past 3 months
- A building society or credit card statement dated within the past 3 months
- Council rent card
- Private tenancy agreement
- Official letters from a UK solicitor or Benefits Agency (or Pensions Service, JobCentre Plus, Child Benefit Agency, etc.).
If you do not have any of these documents, do let us know. As a credit union, we understand that everyone's situation is different, and will try to offer maximum flexibility. There are many other types of documents that we may be able to accept on a case-by-case basis.