When applying for a loan, we may ask you to upload or email us your bank statements for the past two months. We ask for any statement where your extra income may go in, not the one which already comes to the current account or savings account with us.
We use these statements to check that your income and expenditure match what have told us on the application form.
Your statements must show:
- Your name and home address (these must be the same as on the application form)
- Your salary, benefits, or other main income coming in each month
- Your main outgoings, such as bills, mortgage, rent, etc.
- A list of all of your transactions over the past two months.
How to Get them To Us
You can provide your bank statements in any of the following ways:
- Our OohMoolah service
If your bank is compatible, we will email you with a link to connect to our OohMoolah service. OohMoolah uses cutting-edge open banking technology to connect to your bank account and get the information we need, with your permission and in a secure and safe way.
- Screengrabs of online banking
You can use your phone or computer to take screengrabs (screenshots) of your online banking or mobile banking app. These screengrabs need to contain all of the information needed. Be careful not to include any passwords or confidential information.
- Photos or scans of paper copies
If you receive bank statements in the post, you can take a photo or use a scanner to make a digital copy to upload or email us. The information must be clearly visible though.