To borrow or save with us, you need to become a member.
Unlike a bank, not just anyone can join. Membership of the credit union is restricted to people who meet certain criteria. This is known as a 'common bond'.
You can join London Mutual if:
- You live or work in the London Boroughs of Southwark, Lambeth, Westminster or Camden
- You work in an occupation related to health or education
- You currently serve in HM Armed Forces, the Reserves, or receive an MOD pension
- You are an employee of Transport for London (TfL)
- Someone in your immediate family, living at the same address as you, is already a member.
Applying online is simple, and takes around ten minutes.
For loans, we'll ask you whether or not you are a member before you start the application process. If you are not a member already, we'll set up your membership at the same time as you apply for a loan.