If you rely on cash and are unable to use your debit card for whatever reason, we may be able to help.
Our Emergency Cash service allows you to withdraw money from certain UK cash machines using a one-off passcode instead of your debit card.
How it Works
- Contact us during our normal working hours (9:30am - 4:30pm, Mon - Fri) to request Emergency Cash, letting us know:
- How much you would like to withdraw (currently a maximum of £500 per day)
- To choose a four-digit passcode which you'll use to withdraw the money. It's crucial that you don't forget this, or you won't be able to get your money.
- Once your Emergency Cash is ready, you'll receive a text message letting you know:
- A second four-digit passcode
- The location of your nearest cash machine (ATM) that offers this service (not all do).
- You can go to your nearest cash machine offering this service whenever you are ready. On the cash machine, you'll need to:
- Select the 'Emergency Cash' option
- Enter both passcodes when asked (the one we sent you by text message and the one you chose when setting up the service).
- After receiving your cash, the money will be debited from your account in the same way as a normal cash withdrawal.
Requesting Emergency Cash
To request Emergency Cash (up to £500 per day), please get in touch with us by phone or email. Your request for Emergency Cash will be processed within one working day, and you'll receive a text message from us as soon as it is ready to withdraw.
- Call 020 3773 1751 to speak to a member of our team
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To help us verify that it is you, please include:
- Your Membership Number (how to find this)
- The last 4 digits of the card which is due to expire (only the last four digits - never send us or anyone else the full number by email)
- Your postcode
- The last 4 digits of your National Insurance number